- Common Name: Jacaranda (Blue )
- Family: Bignoniaceae
- Scientific Name: Jacaranda mimosifolia
- Height at Maturity: 25 to 50 Ft.
- Spread: 20to 50 Ft.
- Cold Tolerance: USDA Zones 9 thru 11 (Adult trees survive temperature down to 20F, young trees may be damaged at 25F)
- Sun: Full Sun
- Water: Moderate water requierment, heat & drought tolerant.
- Soil: Tolerant of most, prefers well drained soil.
- Foliage: Semi-evergreen with twice-pinnately compound leaves. The foliage has a soft fern like look to it.
- Blooming Habit: Generally bloom in late spring and have deep blue clusters of tubular flowers.
- Fruiting Habit: Round green pod turn dark brown and open partially prior to shedding.
- Trunk: Reddish Brown bark - slightly furrowed
- Indoor Suitability: NA